Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Recently our wonderful SGA President has declared that it is un-Marshall like to wear opposing school colors. Apparently it utterly disgusts him that someone would even dare to wear anything other than green and white. He wrote into the Parthenon wanting to know why Marshall Students would want to wear other schools colors. Well asshole here is my response:
1. Friends and Family
I currently sport 3 other school colors then Marshall. First are Red and White for Valparaiso where my mom received her degree. Second is Blue and White for University of Kentucky because my dad got his degree there. Third is the evil blue and gold for West Virginia University because several of my friends go there. On the family side I think it is cool to wear my parent’s alma mater colors. It connects me to them and makes me feel good. When I am away from home and I wear my UK or Valpo hoodies I feel safer because it’s like a part of my parents are with me.
As for my friends it’s the same way with the blue and gold. After spending 13 years in school with some people you tend to get close to them. When you go to college it’s hard adjusting to being away from them. When I sport a WVU shirt I think of them or when someone asks about the shirt I can tell them all about my good times with my friends.
2. Degrees
Sorry to burst your bubble but Marshall isn’t the only University in the world and it is not the best or even close. I will graduate in May and intend on going to WVU for my masters in Parks and Recreation. If you have a problem with me wearing colors of a school I intend to go to next year you can kiss my ass.
3. To smite assholes like you
This is pretty self explanatory. The more you get pissed that I wear another schools colors the more I want to wear it. If I know its going to piss someone off then I will definitely go out of my way to screw with them. When you quit writing stupid articles to the Parthenon about stupid shit like this I would quit wearing WVU colors.
As for my school spirit and my allegiance I will always bleed green. You can ask all my friends that whenever it comes to WVU vs. Marshall I will always go with Marshall. Even if it means hours upon hours of harassment I will endure and show my pride. Now when it comes to WVU vs. Pitt or Va. Tech then you can sure bet I will be in my blue and gold, drinking and burning couches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home